Like most of my fellow 4th and Home colleagues, I’m picking Boston to win the AL this year. Utley’s injury makes the NL race a little more wide open and I’m going with the Brewers. I’m also predicting that a MLB star will wind up on reality TV.
AL East Champ: Red Sox
AL Central Champ: Twins
AL West Champ: Rangers
AL Wild Card: Yankees
NL East Champ: Phillies
NL Central Champ: Brewers
NL West Champ: Giants
NL Wild Card: Braves
AL Champ: Red Sox
NL Champ: Brewers
World Series Champ: Red Sox in 6.
AL MVP: Robinson Cano, Yankees
AL CY: Jon Lester, Red Sox
AL ROY: Jeremy Hellickson, Rays
NL MVP: Albert Pujols, Cardinals
NL CY: Roy Oswalt, Phillies
NL ROY: Freddie Freeman, Braves
Top 5 Bold Predictions for 2011:
1) After another run in with the law, Miguel Cabrera appears on next season of Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew.
2) Carlos Gonzalez joins the 30/30 club
3) Roy Halladay, Roy Oswalt, and Cliff Lee, pitch back to back to back no hitters. Cole Hamels pitches a shut out the next day and is boo’d by Philles fans.
4) Bob Nutting finally caves in and sells the Pittsburgh Pirates to partnership consisting of Mario Lemieux and Mark Cuban. Pittsburgh rejoices.
5) Neftali Feliz starts the season as the Rangers closer, but ends up in the starting rotation. He posts 10 wins and 20 saves.